Where Can You Get an Authentic Argentine Parrilla? Gaucho Garcia! Posted on 27 Mar 01:10 , 0 comments
Article by Nora Wallenius.
Everyone knows the best steak in the world is eaten right here in Argentina. Asados, poorly translated in English as barbecues, are a favorite national pastime, bringing friends, families, neighbors, and coworkers together to indulge in the mouthwatering perfection of the Argentine steak. But, what are those to do when they are craving that tasty piece of meat yet are unable to physically be in Argentina? Gaucho García has created the solution, and he’s doing with with a gaucho leather hat on his head and a cigar in his hand.
Gaucho García has come out with a groundbreaking new grill, bringing the classic techniques of asado grilling to homes across the globe. Married to an Argentine, Gabriel García fell in love with the asado on his first trip to Argentina and hasn’t looked back since. Check out this concept in his own words:
So why exactly is Argentine Asado the best in the world? According to Gaucho García, there are 7 main reasons:
1. A fierce dedication to putting the best ingredients on the grill. Fresh farm raised beef anyone?
2. Multiple courses which feature a variety of different cuts of meat. Don’t fill up on the first round, expert asado eaters know that more is always to follow.
3. A cooking method that imparts subtle smoke that enhances, rather than overpowers, the meat. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity.
4. Adventurous use of many different grilling methods. Visit an Argentine estancia and you’ll see meat grilled over an open fire!
5. Condiments and sauces that are simple and complementary. Chimichurri, salsa criolla, olive oil, sea salt and nada más.
6. It’s “green”: natural hardwood fuels create a carbon neutral barbecue experience. Feel healthy and natural while you enjoy your meal.
7. Aplauso para el asador! (Applause for the Grill Master!) My personal favorite part of the asado. With my belly full and a smile on my face, a big round of applause for those who brought the food to the table.
Gaucho García offers a modern and internationally available take on the Argentine grilling tradition. Their patent-pending grills have unique features that are hard to find on most conventional barbecues: a V-groove grilling surface, adjustable heat control, a drip pan for collecting juices, and a firebox that turns hardwood into red-hot coals for cooking. Their passion for the parrilla is evident in their quest to bring the authentic asado experience to the masses.
Gaucho García launched their Kickstarter as a way to raise money for the initial production of the grills but also to raise the word on this innovative new product. After the Kickstarter ends, they will be accepting pre-orders beginning on April 12th and are looking to go fully live with an e-commerce store by late May, in time for the Memorial Day kickoff to the grilling season. When the store goes live, there will be another style of grill–a portable “Armado” grill–as well as several accessories.
The next time you mouth is watering for some argentine bife de chorizo, look no further than your own backyard and your Gaucho García grill.