Strawberry + Marshmallow Posted on 16 Jul 01:35 , 0 comments
Weird food combinations are the spice of life. So when a dear friend muled me a bag of marshmallows back from the States, I grabbed some strawberries (also imported from some tropical country) and got crazy. Sugary, sticky, fruity, chewy goodness was created.
Strawberry Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Oats
- 1/4 Cup of Light Brown Sugar (Azucar Rubia)
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Stick of Softened Butter
- 1 Large Egg (I like the brown ones)
- Dash of Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup of Marshmallows, Chopped, or Mini Marshmallows if Available
- 1 Cup of Fresh Strawberries, Chopped
- Prep your strawberries by washing, chopping and sprinkling with a little sugar. Place in the fridge for a few hours til the fructose mixes with the glucose and the berries get juicy. Chop those marshmallows, too.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and oats and mix, then fold in the butter, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Drain the strawberry juice, and slowly add the berries and marshmallows to the cookie dough and fully incorporate. Things are going to be pretty sticky at this point.
- Refrigerate the dough until it is cold and holds a firm shape. This prevents flat, crispy cookie problems. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350F/176C.
- When the dough is solid, roll into golf ball sized … balls, and space evenly on a non-stick sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or less. When it comes to cookies, don’t go by the number of minutes, go by the temperament of your oven.
Leave out the oats, and forget the refigeration step, and make mini cupcakes instead!