Mushroom Green Onion Quiche with Whole Wheat Crust Posted on 1 Mar 00:43 , 0 comments
I purchased this organic whole wheat crust from Esquina de los Flores. It was great – chewy and wheaty. It made the perfect crust for this vegetarian quiche.
- 1 whole wheat pastry sheet, unbaked
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- salt, pepper, dash of milk, oregano
- Place your pastry crust in a greased pie tin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions. Mix well and then combine with the eggs.
- Pour mixture into your pastry dish.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until almost set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on the top. Return to oven and continue baking until all the cheese is melted and bubbly.