Bruschetta Empanadas Posted on 25 Feb 11:39 , 0 comments
These Empanadas were inspired by my little sister Liz, who came up with the recipe.
- Pastry Sheet Dough
- 4 Tomatos, Parboiled and Diced
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Dollop of Pesto
- Small Block of Mozzarella Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- 1 Muffin Tin
- Stuffed Green Olives to Garnish
- Parboil two tomatoes and leave the other two raw. Dice all of them and mix with chopped basil. Marinate the mixture in basalmic vinager and olive oil in the refigerator for up to an hour.
- Cut your pastry sheet so that it fits to the size of your muffin tins. I didn’t have a muffin tin but I made it work!
- Cut up your mozzerella into small cubes, and put a small portion in each muffin tin. Also add a dollop of pesto if you like.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and spoon in tomato concoction and garnish with green olive.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until tomatoes are heated through.